Friday, August 12, 2011

FITB and Foodie Friday!

A Touch of Class


I'm linking up with Magan for a Foodie Friday (Just because I love weddings so much!)
 
 

This is what my our wedding cake looked like.  It was really simple because we were afraid with all of the decor and flowers it needed to be.  If you look at the bottom of my page, you'll see a slideshow of some of our pictures of the big day.  The cake had a bottom layer of chocolate cake with chocolate ganache filling, a middle layer of vanilla cake with blackberry filling, and a top layer of carrot cake with cream cheese filling.  Needless to say, there wasn't much left!  I especially loved the topper, flowers with pearl "KJ" on it :)




It's Friday, so I'm linking up with Lauren for Fill in the Blank Friday!


My most favorite birthday was... my 21st.  Not because I drank (I did, but that's not why it was my fav) but because a ton of my friends were there and we actually did something fun

My worst birthday was... I can't think that I had any terrible birthdays, honest.  Maybe one that I had to work on?

My favorite birthday memory is... going shopping every year with my aunt and my grandma.  I have been a clothes horse since I was little so we would hit the mall and have what seemed like an endless budget

The best birthday present I've ever received was... oh, man, I don't know.  I have a ton of things that are special to me, I don't think I can pick!

The best birthday present I've ever given was... a charm bracelet to my sister when she turned 16.  She doesn't wear it much, but for big events in her life I get her a new charm.  Hopefully one day she'll dig it out and think back at all of the fun, new, and exciting things she's gotten to do and see

Birthdays are... really just another day for me.  I'm not really into celebrating my own birthday.  I hate a fuss being made over me and I sometimes pretend that it really isn't my birthday (very low key please!)

My favorite age so far has been... 22.  I got married to my wonderful husband at 22 and for my 22nd birthday my parents took me to a nice lunch at Japanese Steakhouse.  However, they were picking up the tab and lemon drop martinis (bad news bears) were on special.  I ended up sloshed, at lunch, on my birthday with my parents and little sis.  Needless to say, they took me home after we ate, and Dad thought he needed to keep the party going... so he mixed me more drinks!  I vaguely remember them leaving to go home and I woke up at 6 p.m. on my bathroom floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment